Khatam kari is just one of the Iranian inlay arts. The surface area of wood or steel things is enhanced with cut items of timber, bone as well as steel in numerous forms as well as layouts.
The products utilized in this craft can be gold, silver, brass, light weight aluminum as well as twisted cable. It is recognized for its various inlay items as well as their high quality, measurements, as well as geometric approaches. Smaller sized items lead to a greater worth of the art work.
khatam kari prices art products:
Khatam kari or Khatam-sazi is the art of decorating the surface of objects like a mosaic with small triangles. Khatam patterns are always in the form of regular geometric shapes. These geometric shapes are patterned by placing small triangles together. These triangles are made from various types of wood, metal and bone.
khatam kari means :
Khatam kari work was common in the Middle East since ancient times. Of course, this art is not very old and the oldest type of examples made in Europe is the same as the examples obtained in Iran.
khatam kari box :
The art of Khatam kari is used to decorate tools, furniture, chests, boxes and other wooden objects, which are decorated with geometric designs composed of small pieces of wood, soles, bones and shells.
Among the examples of Khatam kari work in Iran are the ceiling of the main porch of the Atiq Jame Mosque in Shiraz, the inlay work of the Khatam Hall of the Marble Palace, the general view of the Khatam Hall of the former National Council.
khatam kari isfahan, inlay tools:
Tools and equipment used in the construction of khatam; press saws, wood species, bones, hammers, files, pliers, graters, painting pots, brushes, scissors for cutting brass wire, pliers, narrow tails, screwdriver, cave, iron sack. and a hammer…
Another Khatam kari tool is a wire rolling machine that turns brass wires into equilateral prisms.
Another device is a slotted bed or a prism maker, which is a flat board with horizontal grooves in the form of an equilateral prism.
Some workshops use an inlay cutting machine, which increases the efficiency of the product, and its use is not common in all workshops.
khatam kari frame materials for inlay art:
Artists use a variety of raw materials to make khatam and it is rare to see such a variety of raw materials in art, these raw materials consist of:
Ebony wood, betel wood, boxwood, tabrizi wood, alder and walnut.
Camel bone, horse bone, ivory, oyster.
Today, the most used metal is brass, which is used both in wire and in layers. Gold and silver are used instead of brass in very high quality inlays.
In ancient times, copper products were used due to the absence of brass, but today, copper and tin are used in low value khatams.
Other materials used for Khatam kari are iris or white glue. Feather thread can also be used to make feathers and flowers, etc. used for wrapping.
How to prepare raw materials will be fully described in an article.
Iranian khatam kari features:
1. The wooden surface and the place where the gasket is attached should be completely smooth, drawn to each other’s joints and there should be no gaps.
2. The color of all prisms used in Khatam kari works should be completely constant and uniform and should not contain any changes.
3. khatam incisions should be completely smooth and straight, armpit protrusions should not be felt.
4. The plastering of the bone or wood cavities on the gasket should be done in such a way that the triangles do not change their shape and are invisible if possible.
5. The flowers on the corners and sides of the khatam nomads must be completely parallel and equal.
6. The carpentry structure of the skeleton of the khatam items must be completely correct and similar.
7. The gasket should not have any roughness or visible joints on the corner or side or on the entire surface.
8. All surfaces of the servant’s objects must be specially coated. The polishing of khatam should be done with care so that there is no unpolished place, otherwise moisture and air will enter into it and cause it to rot quickly.
9. The edges of the wood and the bone of the Khatam kari should be glued together so that the seams and ears are uneven.
10. The smaller and finer the patterns and triangles of the Khatam kari, the higher its quality and beautiful value.
Types of persian khatam kari:
khatam art is used on different surfaces and combined with other handicrafts. For example, it is used to make all kinds of service and decorative plates such as khatams on copper, vases, handles, sugar bowls, chocolate bars, walnuts, mirrors and candlesticks.
Khatam paper napkin box, Khatam jacquard and Khatam cutlery work on wood to serve food, such as Khatam bucket, Khatam tea box and Khatam chocolate bar.
khatam kari is another artistic masterpiece of khatamkari, with a combination of backgammon and chess in different styles of painting.
What is khatam kari box?
This product is a good option for storing various items; Jewelry boxes are usually inlaid. This is one of the most important uses in this box. Due to the different sizes of this box, you can keep jewelry, exquisite books, tissue boxes and even saffron in it. The lining of these boxes is usually made of suede, and the opening and closing of the box lid is done with the help of a hinge.